We work with outstanding local partners to deliver a world-class offer to schools. Our coalition of expertise is growing.
Part of the Brooke Weston Trust family
Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub was designated by the DfE as a centre of excellence for teacher development in Northamptonshire with Brooke Weston Academy named as the lead school.
Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub and Brooke Weston Academy are part of the Brooke Weston Trust (BWT) family. BWT is a multi- academy trust in the East Midlands and our mission is to transform educational performance across our communities.
We have collaborated with experts in evidence and research led training with over 15 years’ experience, Teach First, to deliver a three-year training route to trainees through our SCITT and Early Career Framework, helping teachers get better, faster.
We are delighted to partner with education charity Ambition Institute to deliver the new suite of National Professional Qualifications.
Northamptonshire teaching school works in partnership with other training hubs, schools and expert delivery teams across the county, to deliver world-class development with a local context. We have harnessed the experience and local knowledge to continue to build strong and trusted networks across our community.
Our strategic group
Strategic Group Members
- Andy Burns, Brooke Weston Trust
- Julia Kedwoods, Northampton Primary Academy Trust
- Gemma Marks, Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub
- Richard Bernard, Headteacher at Northampton School for Boys
- Cristina Taboda-Naya, Headteacher at Northampton School for Girls
- Felicity Dewsbury, Head of Pen Green Research Base
- Catherine Underwood, Director of Sponne School
- Julian Brown, University of Northampton
- Steve Roddy, Director of Learn-AT Teaching School and Associate Research School
Expert delivery partners
Early Career Framework (ECF) delivery partners
- 5Wells Development Centre - Primary & secondary experts
- Pen Green - Early Years experts
- Northampton Primary Academy Trust (NPAT) - Primary Experts
- Brooke Weston Trust - Primary, Secondary & SEND experts
- Northampton School for Boys - Primary, Secondary & SEND experts
- Swan Training Alliance - Primary, Secondary experts
National Professional Qualification (NPQ) delivery partners
- 5Wells Development Centre
- Northampton Primary Academy Trust (NPAT)
- Brooke Weston Trust
- Northampton School for Boys
- Northampton School for Girls
- Swan Training Alliance
Curriculum and research hubs
Subject, curriculum & research hub partners
- Learn-At Reseach School
- Enigma Maths Hub
- Roade English Hub
- EMS Maths Hub
- East Midlands Early Years Stronger Practice Hub (Pen Green)
- Northamptonshire Computing Hub
- National Centre for Computing Education East Midlands (NCCE)
- Science Learning Partnership - DTSA
- Language-Driven Pedagogy - MFL Centre for Excellence
- Language-Driven Pedagogy - Research, University of York